The Society for International Development-Washington Chapter (SID-Washington) announced today that Chemonics Managing Director for Ethics and Risk Management Melissa Logan has been elected to a three-year term as Chair of SID-Washington’s board of directors. With a broad membership, SID-Washington is one of the development community’s most influential and inclusive organizations.
Prior to Ms. Logan’s election as board chair, she served on SID-Washington’s executive committee for more than five years as vice president for chapter affairs, vice president for programs, and secretary. She also served for three years as the co-chair of the Professional Services Council International Development Task Force. In those roles, Ms. Logan helped to expand and diversify membership, increase engagement with policy makers and practitioners, and improve financial health for future growth.
“I have seen first-hand how dedicated our members are to our mission of advancing equitable development globally,” said Ms. Logan. “I am grateful for the opportunity to serve them in this new role. The world is facing unprecedented development challenges, and I am excited about the opportunity to work with our new board and our members to develop and share innovative ways to overcome them.”
The following industry leaders have been newly elected to the SID-Washington board:
- Deputy Chair: Jeff Grieco, Independent Consultant
- Vice Chair for Program Affairs: John Glover, Director, International Public Sector Practice, PwC
- Secretary: Anne Simmons-Benton, Executive Director, ASU International Development, Office of Knowledge Enterprise Development, Arizona State University
- Treasurer: Mark F. Johnson, Chief Operating Officer, International Development Services, Tetra Tech
- At-Large Director: Kerry Bruce, Executive Vice President for Programs, Social Impact
- At-Large Director: Susan Chodakewitz, President and CEO, Nathan Associates
- At-Large Director: Molly Fannon, Director of International Relations and Global Programs, Smithsonian Global
- At-Large Director: Sarah Helmstadter, Managing Director, Africa, DAI
- At-Large Director: Nora O’Connell, Associate Vice President, Public Policy & Advocacy, Save the Children (two-year term)
- At-Large Director: Paul Weisenfeld, Executive Vice President for International Development, RTI International (two-year term)
SID-Washington a membership-driven knowledge organization bringing together people from diverse organizations, disciplines, and career stages in a neutral, independent forum to discuss important issues in international development. With nearly 1,000 institutional and individual members, SID-Washington is also the largest and most active chapter of the Society for International Development (SID), an international network founded in 1957 to serve as a global forum dedicated to sustainable economic, social and political development. Learn more about SID-Washington.