Chemonics’ work in international development is rich with promise and idealism. Our work also requires practical decision making, often in challenging and time-sensitive environments. Applying our Standards of Business Conduct, Living Our Values, maintains our commitment to integrity. The Standards include 10 fundamental principles that drive the way we serve our clients, partners, and beneficiaries around the world. They explain the company’s expectations and provide guidance on the right course of action.
Chemonics Standards apply to all employees worldwide, the board of directors, consultants, authorized representatives, and all others acting on behalf of the company. All Chemonics employees and representatives are responsible for upholding our standards of conduct, for making decisions with integrity, and doing the right thing.
Standards of Business Conduct
Our Business Conduct Program
The Chemonics business conduct program:
- Promotes honest and responsible business practices;
- Educates and trains employees on company policies and procedures regarding ethical business conduct;
- Assists employees in obtaining guidance and resolving questions regarding compliance with the standards of business conduct and Chemonics Values;
- Responds to claims of misconduct or violations of our policies, Values, and Standards;
- Ensures that company activities are conducted in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We strive to maintain a proactive approach to managing risks and responding to business conduct inquiries and concerns.
The business conduct program is managed by the company’s Ethics Officer, and supported by the Office of Business Conduct. This group increases awareness of business integrity issues in our international development work and fosters an organizational culture that encourages ethical conduct. Under the direction of the Ethics Officer, it serves as a resource for employees, clients, and partners to ask questions or express concerns about the way Chemonics does business, and works to incorporate lessons learned and corrective actions into our business practices.
Employees, partners, clients, and other individuals can contact the Office of Business Conduct regarding questions or possible violations of Chemonics’ standards, company policies, or government laws and regulations.