Our mission and values are the foundation of everything we do, from how we implement our projects, to how we identify partners, to how we hire and support our staff.
Our mission is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Chemonics’ values include Caring, Excellence, Innovation, Integrity, and Opportunity. Learn more about how we define each of these below.
Chemonics Values, Attitudes, and Behaviors
Caring | Serve others
- Be respectful and humble.
- Listen, empathize, and be compassionate.
- Embrace teamwork.
- Give regular feedback (appreciative and constructive).
Check out an example of how we embrace this value:
Excellence | Exceed expectations
- Provide dedicated customer service.
- Master skills and focus on details.
- Solve problems, admit mistakes, learn and move on.
- Set high standards and deliver quality results.
Watch an example of how we exceed expectations:
Innovation | Be entrepreneurial
- Be flexible and open-minded.
- Take initiative and introduce new ideas.
- Translate ideas to actions quickly.
- Accelerate change and be part of the change.
Find out how we thrive from innovation:
Learn more about our approach to innovation and scale in our Innovation Playbook.
Integrity | Trust one another
- Be transparent (open door, open book).
- Do the right thing.
- Honor commitments and be accountable.
- Empower others to take action and make decisions.
Learn how we create trusting environments:
Read more about our standards of business conduct.
Opportunity | Think big
- Be versatile.
- Continue to learn and develop self.
- Mentor and develop others.
- Take chances on people and partners.
Check out an example of how this value is reflected in our work: