During the COVID-19 pandemic, Chemonics’ top priority is the health, wellbeing, and safety of our partners, friends, and employees worldwide. Along with the rest of the global development community, we are working tirelessly to continue uninterrupted services to people across the world — helping them live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives in the face of these unprecedented challenges.
Now, we must turn to cooperation, partnership, compassion, and resilience to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our global community. On this page, we share resources and content that we hope are useful to colleagues, partners, and clients across the world as they adapt and continue their vital efforts and navigate the uncharted landscape of this pandemic. We also encourage others to share resources, guidance, and other practical content through SID-Washington’s COVID-19 resource page. In challenging times, development works because we work together.
This global emergency has affected all facets of life — from health to economic livelihoods to education to food security and beyond. We recognize that many of our partners, friends, clients, and staff are on the frontlines of the crisis. To list just a few, we recognize and thank:
- Health workers, whose roles, particularly in low-resource settings, are critical to meet the needs of their populations;
- Logistics professionals who are ensuring uninterrupted supply chains to provide goods to communities around the globe;
- Educators who must adapt to school closures to promote high-quality education for young people;
- Agricultural producers who continue to ensure food security;
- Small businesses — whether open or shuttered — in their struggle to adapt to unwieldy market disruptions; and
- People working in conflict-afflicted areas, who already face extraordinary challenges that are further complicated by this public health crisis.