After increasing access to education, Senegal is turning its attention to ensuring that all children learn to read in the early grades.
Distance Continuous Professional Development: What Have We Learned from Education Program Pivots? .
Event | March 9, 2021
On March 9, 2020, Chemonics and the Basic Education Coalition hosted a webinar on distance continuous professional development for education programs.
The Basic Education Coalition (BEC) and Chemonics hosted a for a pause and reflect session on March 9, during which panelists from five USAID-supported early grade learning programs discussed their experiences designing, implementing, and evaluating distance continuous professional development initiatives in Senegal, Malawi, Nigeria, and the Philippines.
- Bidemi Carrol, Senior Research Education Analyst, MERIT: Malawi Early Grade Reading Improvement Activity, RTI International
- Vincent M. Mugisha, Chief of Party, Senegal Lecture Pour Tous program, Chemonics
- Ina Aquina, Chief of Party, and Armida Elaine Umali-Trinos, Instructional Delivery and Materials Advisor, ABC+: Advancing Basic Education in the Philippines Project, RTI International
- Mark Hamilton, Senior Reading Specialist, Northern Education Initiative Plus, Creative Associates International
- Nathalie Louge, Education Technical Advisor, Senegal Passerelles, FHI 360