Climate Finance for a Just Transition: A Forum on Blended Finance and Catalytic Strategies .
Event | June 27, 2023
Chemonics UK, in partnership with the Impact Investing Institute, hosted a hybrid event on Tuesday June 27, 2023 16:00 - 17:15 BST.
As we mobilise capital flows to deliver a net zero future, a just transition means ensuring the benefits are shared widely and embedded successfully, with no one left behind. Financial institutions and governments have been ramping up their commitments to a just transition, but many need to better understand the rationale, implications, and applications of blended finance to fulfil their ambitions towards economically inclusive climate action.
This event provided an exclusive forum for leading development financiers, donors, practitioners, and researchers to engage on the role for blended finance in pursuit of a just transition. Speakers and attendees shared examples and opportunities, spurred collaboration across sectors, and supported the uptake of established and emerging solutions. The discussion highlighted relevant case studies and tools, from grants to guarantees and insurance, creating synergies for attendees to further their progress towards just transition solutions.
This hybrid event was chaired by Louise Quy, Managing Director, Chemonics UK and featured the following key figures:
- Gergo Mathe, Climate Co-Finance Associate, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Maria Teresa Zappia, Chief Impact and Blended Finance Officer, Deputy CEO, BlueOrchard Finance; Head of Sustainability and Impact, Schroders Capital; Global Head of Impact, Schroders
- Bella Landymore, Policy and Strategy Director, Impact Investing Institute
- Tracey Austin, Sector Director, Financial and Professional Services, UK Department for International Trade
- Tara Sabre Collier, Director of Impacting Investing and Sustainable Finance, Chemonics UK; Visiting Fellow, Said Business School, University of Oxford
- Ben Cotton, Head of Capital Markets, Matrix Global; Advisor, Bfinance
Thank you to everyone who attended in-person or watched online. For those of you who missed it, you can watch the recording of the event.