Chemonics seeks a Technical Specialist for the USAID’s flagship private sector health project, FHM Engage that envisions a world in which health markets are responsive, equitable, resilient, and driven by consumer needs. To meet this vision, FHM Engage – led by Chemonics and its core partners, co-technical lead Results for Development, Pathfinder, and Zenysis – catalyzes the adoption of fresh, contextually-relevant pathways in health market development by building on existing structures and offering strong behavioral, technical, and managerial approaches. While supporting local market actors to build upon current government and donor investments, we also use systems thinking to understand the market system, identify root causes of market under performance (focusing on Stewardship; Financing; Rules, Regulations, and Norms; and Market Information), and develop context-specific and locally informed strategies and solutions to systematically change market environments and health markets. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
The Technical Specialist will be based in Antananarivo, and report to the FHM Engage Chief of Party. This a senior position that assumes technical responsibility for FHM Engage in Madagascar. S/he will oversee the technical responsiveness and enhance the implementation of FMH Engage Madagascar workplan. S/he will also focus on introducing and developing a market systems approach to private sector engagement in Madagascar and ensure the development of collaborations with local stakeholders and the network implementation partners to respond to Malagasy health market needs.
The duration of this assignment is for the life of the project (currently through September 2023). The start date for the position is expected for October 2022 pending approval from the USAID mission in Madagascar. The assignment may be extended with USAID approval.
- In collaboration with the Chief of Party, implement the strategic technical direction of the project, and ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors
- Oversee the development of workplans, activity workplans and the quality control of implementation with a focus on achieving results
- Support the implementation of the FHM Engage project’s overall strategy, including building and managing partnerships in Madagascar
- Ensure the program adaptively responds to changes in the operating environment to meet the desired objectives.
- Support the Country Director and home office technical team to develop implementation strategy by providing data, information, and any other inputs
- Provide technical supports to local partners and orient them and new team on the FHM Engages market development approach
- In collaboration with local, network implementation partners and local consultants, conduct technical activities related to quality of healthcare provisions, private and public engagement, resource mobilization and other activities as needed under the leadership of the Chief of Party
- Ensure activities are gender sensitive/transformative, aligned with FHM Engage Gender strategy as well as the DEIA agenda
- Establish, cultivate, and maintain relationships with the ecosystem of program stakeholders, including private sector/service providers, industry associations, civil society organizations, donor, program beneficiaries, and others
- Contribute to monitoring, evaluation, and learning; project communications; and project reporting
- Support the research phase of the project and the development of the AMELP roadmap
- Facilitate meetings/workshop/training as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Advanced degree in public health, social work, organization development or related field. Health professional and/or master’s degree in public health, project management, PPP or other relevant fields
- At least 7 years relevant professional experience in the implementation of health sector programs and particularly for the private sector
- Experience on USAID-funded projects funded is highly recommended
- Demonstrate Proven capacity and technical skills in health private sector or work experience with local stakeholders and technical skills in health outcomes for family planning, maternal and child health and nutrition
- Good knowledge of private health sector and Malagasy health policies, strategies, programs, and plans
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, integrity, and creativity
- Excellent administrative, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a complex and dynamic context
- Written and spoken fluency in French and English
- Proven interpersonal and intercultural skills, including flexibility and sensitivity
- Demonstrate awareness and sensitivity to gender diversity
- Undertake additional tasks subject to workload and skill sets such as business development, cross-project training, and evaluations
- Ability to interact and collaborate with a broad range of public and private sector and NGO partners
- Ability to travel and undertake fieldwork in Malagasy context
- Written and oral communication skills in English, including the ability to present coherent and convincing messages to different audiences
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Must be authorized to work in Madagascar
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Technical Specialist” in the subject line to FHMMadagascarRecruit@chemonics.com by October 2, 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factor.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/