Chemonics seeks a Technical Director for live 5-year USAID/ Rwanda Health Systems Strengthening (HSS NEXT) Activity. The $24.9 million activity is to improve the resilience of the Rwandan health system and optimize resources to sustain quality services and equitable health outcomes for all Rwandans. The specific objectives of the HSS Next Activity include (1) Health financing optimized to enable equitable access to high quality health services without financial hardship; (2) Leadership, management, and governance strengthened at all levels to improve quality and efficiency; and (3) Health workforce management strengthened to improve quality of health services.
The Technical Director shall be a public health expert with extensive experience contributing to results on health systems strengthening (HSS) programs. They will be required to have expert knowledge and experience in HSS and the provision of related technical assistance in Rwanda. Part of their role will be to mentor HSS Next’s Team Leads and they will therefore be expected to have skills and experience in health financing, leadership and governance, capacity building, and human resources for health. The position is expected to be based full-time in Kigali, Rwanda, and is contingent upon cooperative agreement award. This requisition is for an anticipated USAID funded project in Rwanda, USAID/ Rwanda Health Systems Strengthening (HSS NEXT) Activity.
Chemonics International Inc. is a US-based international development consulting company that operates in over 80 countries and is dedicated to helping people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall technical leadership to direct strategy and guide implementation of the program’s technical assistance
- Manage a multi-disciplinary team; oversee and participate in strategic planning; supervise execution of annual workplans and Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning
- Ensure the highest workforce development and health systems strengthening technical standards of performance
- Supervise and mentor Team Leads and administrative staff, ensuring staff are effectively and efficiently managing project activities and operations
- Coordinate with Chemonics Corporate Office and USAID counterparts to ensure a high standard of compliance with Chemonics, Host Country, and USAID regulations and requirements
- Continuously assess and evaluate activity outcomes, ensuring learning is continuously incorporated into implementation, making course corrections as appropriate. Maintain a high standard of reporting to USAID
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in international development, public health, finance, health systems strengthening, workforce development, supply chain or a closely related field. Advanced degree in these areas preferred
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant work experience in area of HSS related technical expertise on donor-funded programs, managing complex activities that involve coordination with multiple project stakeholders
- Previous experience working in Rwanda, East Africa and/or countries implementing health systems strengthening
- Strong understanding of successful approaches to building the resilience of the Rwandan health system and optimizing resources to sustain quality services and equitable health outcomes
- Strong ability to maintain partnership with the Government of Rwanda (GOR) and to strengthen the capacity of host-country institutions and local organizations to improve equitable access and utilization of high-quality, evidence-based, and respectful public health services
- Proven ability to build and maintain a strong, diverse, inclusive, cohesive team where all team members are empowered and supported, including stakeholders and partners
- Demonstrated commitment to ethical and transparent practices and commitment to staff care
- Strong interpersonal, representation and oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required
Please apply by using this link. Applications must be submitted by COB Eastern Time (ET) on February 1, 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.