Chemonics seeks multiple technical advisors for the anticipated USAID Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) activity in Benin. The anticipated, five-year, $18 to $20 million activity aims to strengthen and enhance the health system in Benin to deliver quality health services. The activity will 1) strengthen the management of human resources for health, 2) improving the use of data for decision making in both the public and private sector, 3) increase private sector investments, 4) strengthen the implementation and scale up of Universal Health Coverage (UHC), 5) strengthen the Leadership, Management, Accountability and Governance (LMAG) and the accountability of the Ministry of Health (MOH), Health Regulatory Authority (ARS), and the Private Health Sector Platform (PSSP).
We are seeking technical advisors in the following areas, for consideration:
- Human Resources for Health (HRH)
- Governance Capacity Building
- Private Sector and Business
- Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI)/Youth and Adolescents
- Advanced professional degree in health, medicine, public health, governance, social sciences, health administration, or related field preferred
- At least six years of progressively responsible work experience managing, implementing and/or advising public health programming in one of the following areas: health systems strengthening, human resources for health, capacity building, leadership and governance, health policy, social and behavior change, gender equality and social inclusion, or technical assistance programming addressing Malaria, MNCH, FP/RH, global health security in a similar context, with at least three of those years working in Benin and in public or private settings
- Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with stakeholders, including the U.S. government, the Beninese MOH, and representatives of NGOs and the private sector
- Previous experience advising on USAID-funded activities, including designing or implementing health systems strengthening in Benin, strongly preferred
- Demonstrated a positive working relationship with USAID, including knowledge of USAID rules and regulations, compliance, and reporting requirements
- Strong understanding of the Beninese public and private health sectors and the Beninese MOH’s overall sectoral priorities.
- Ability to interact effectively and collaboratively with a broad range of public and private sector counterparts, donors, and other key stakeholders
- Understanding of gender approaches in development
- Strong skills in data use and interpretation, and ability to adapt program activities based on continuous quality improvement
- Demonstrated capability in one or more of the above technical areas
- Excellent ability to articulate oral and written technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite Applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
- Professional fluency in French required, fluency in English desired. Proven ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
Please complete your application via this link by June 12, 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.