Chemonics seeks a team leader for the anticipated Transparency and Accountability for Inclusive Development (TAcID) project in Mozambique, funded by the U.K. Department for International Development (DFID). TAcID will seek to improve the quality of basic services through increased government transparency, accountability, and responsiveness. Empowering women, youth, marginalized groups, and civil society to engage with government at all levels, the project will focus on improved access and the quality of public services, including education, healthcare and family planning, water, sanitation and hygiene, nutrition, social protection, extractive sector development, and rural infrastructure. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall technical and managerial leadership for the project in compliance with contract requirements, DFID regulations, and Chemonics’ policies and procedures
- Apply in-depth technical expertise in citizen engagement, social accountability, and transparency to implement the project’s strategic objectives, ensuring an integrated vision and a focus on achieving results and value for money
- Supervise the preparation of work plans, progress reports, financial reports, logistics, and other documents
- Ensure quality control and overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the contract
- Conduct field visits to regional activities and participate in project-supported events
- Serve as the primary liaison with DFID staff, government representatives, civil society and NGO representatives, partners, beneficiaries, and other stakeholders
- Master’s degree in relevant field preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in managing and implementing donor-funded projects focused on citizen engagement, social accountability, and good governance in sub-Saharan Africa, preferably in Mozambique; experience with DFID preferred
- Thorough understanding of public services related to target vulnerable populations, including women, youth, people with disabilities, and other marginalized populations in Mozambique or similar countries
- Must be able to work with a wide range of counterparts and beneficiaries, from DFID representatives and senior-level Mozambican government officials to NGO representatives and grassroots civil society
- Demonstrated leadership, integrity, and versatility
- Fluency in English and proficiency in Portuguese
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “TL Mozambique TAcID” in the subject line to TACIDMozTL@chemonics.com by no later than May 24, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/EU-Recruiting-Data-Privacy-Notice-12.2018.pdf