Chemonics seeks a supply chain management advisor (malaria) for the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) program in Thailand and Laos. This activity is supported by the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI). Through this support, PMI and its partners will implement malaria-control interventions in Thailand and Laos primarily through managing and distributing vital commodities to vulnerable populations. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Support supply-chain management activities related to controlling and fighting malaria
- Provide technical leadership and support on national quantification and forecasting of malaria commodities
- Lead forecasting and supply-plan development for malaria health commodities, working with Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health, including the Food and Drug Administration and other implementing partners, to ensure the availability and
- Provide technical training on and assistance with malaria supply-chain management to local counterparts, identifying areas for improvement
- Monitor malaria commodities procurements and follow up with in-country partners regarding problems with ongoing PMI procurement, including liaising with government stakeholders and other donor agencies
- Provide up-to-date quantification data and forecasts
- Work closely with PSM’s management in Thailand and Laos to manage relationships and maintain communications with the Thai and Lao health ministries, PMI, Global Fund, and other program stakeholders
- Coordinate capacity building activities on commodity quantification, forecasting, and supply planning
- Work with implementing partners, donor agencies, and development partners to identify commodities gaps and address supply-chain bottlenecks
- Maintain regular communication channels with USAID/PMI on the status of procurements and other supply-chain management issues
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree in a relevant discipline preferred
- Minimum of two years of supply-chain management experience and international project management required, including strong skills in procurement, compliance, and supply-chain management
- Knowledge of USAID funding and contractual and reporting requirements and experience managing USAID-funded health programs preferred
- Knowledge of quantification, forecasting, and supply planning
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Skills using inventory-tracking and information systems for data management
- Experience in the Greater Mekong Subregion preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in Thai and English required; proficiency in Lao preferred
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Supply Chain Coordinator” in the subject line to PPMrecruit@chemonics.com by February 28, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn about how we process your personal data. Please use the following link to access the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice: https://chemonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/EU-Recruiting-Data-Privacy-Notice-12.2018.pdf.