Chemonics seeks an institutional strengthening director for the anticipated USAID Strengthening Regional Peace and Stability in West Africa Program. The project aims to acquire technical services to assist USAID/West Africa Regional Peace and Governance Office (RPGO) support the efforts of West Africans to address the risks of instability from democratic backsliding and from conflict, and prioritize targeted conflict and violence prevention, peacebuilding, and preventing and countering of violent extremism (P/CVE) interventions across the sub-region. The Sub-Purpose 2 social cohesion director will strengthen community, national, and regional peacebuilding and conflict mitigation mechanisms and capacities in key West African countries. They will manage, provide technical oversight, and support the development and implementation of positive youth development programming for SRPS. This position will be based in Accra, Ghana. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Analyzes and evaluates capacity building needs and makes recommendations for targeted interventions to ensure consistency with program goals and objectives.
- Provides P/CVE and other capacity building training for the G5 Sahel Executive Secretariat, ECOWAS, and national government and non-government partners
- Provides technical expertise in community development, focusing on the delivery of capacity building approaches to municipalities
- Recommends follow-up capacity building activities that could sustain and enhance the delivery of essential services or enhanced economic opportunities
- Monitors and analyzes the region’s rapidly changing environment related to capacity building needs
- Master’s degree in international development, peacebuilding, conflict mitigation or management, public administration, or a closely related field is desired; a bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum of eight years of experience implementing capacity building, peacebuilding, civil society strengthening, community engagement, or other technically relevant programs or programs in West Africa
- At least five years of experience in the research, analysis, design, and implementation of peace and conflict programs, including strong experience in context and conflict analysis, conflict-sensitive approaches to research, iterative research design, qualitative research approaches, and analysis of qualitative data
- Demonstrated capabilities in organizational capacity development, working effectively with multilateral institutions and national governments
- Experience supervising capacity development interventions, such as training, mentoring, and organizational assessments
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels; tact and diplomacy are essential
- Demonstrated ability to deliver required outputs through remote working arrangements with key stakeholders is required
- Strong skills in writing and packaging information for internal and external audiences
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French is required; knowledge of Arabic is required
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and Sub-Purpose 2: Social Cohesion Director |in the subject line to GhanaSRPSRecruitment@chemonics.com by March 30, 2023. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.