Chemonics seeks a Senior Technical Advisor for the anticipated USAID-funded Enhancing Development through Energy in East and Central Africa program (EDEECA). The purpose of the program, part of the Power Africa initiative, is to program is to increase the availability of and access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and clean energy in East and Central Africa in order to reach measurable economic growth, development outcomes, such as reducing poverty, improving livelihoods and increasing inclusive access to electricity enabled services in such areas as health, education, sanitation and food security.
The overall objectives of the activity are to:
- End energy poverty by increasing access to affordable, reliable energy which can support increased economic activity and improved living standards.
- Increase the supply of electricity in East and Central African countries through clean energy solutions.
- Remove constraints to investment in East and Central African energy sectors and to increase innovation.
The Senior Technical Advisor (STA) will provide technical leadership and guidance across a wide range of program objectives. The STA shall review and develop technical deliverables, ensuring high quality and technical excellence. The STA will report to the COP and provide technical advisory support to all elements of program implementation. They will perform both an internally-facing and externally-facing role. They will guide the EDEECA technical team in identifying and prioritizing country-specific activities and will regularly liaise with the Power Africa coordinator’s office and other USAID missions and office. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Provide technical leadership in delivery of expected results
- Manage, supervise and coordinate technical services, prioritize the activities in country, and provide thought leadership and technical support as needed to accelerate a supported activity
- Regularly liaise with the Power Africa Coordinator’s Office, USAID missions, and other USG agencies, as appropriate
- Maintain strong relationships with relevant regional organizations, such as the African Development Bank, and with private sector companies and host country governments
- Perform ad-hoc requests
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 10 years experience implementing energy programs. Sub-saharan Africa work experience is preferred
- Deep expertise in at least one program objective area; experience with both on- and beyond the grid energy programming strongly preferred
- Excellent analytical abilities, written and oral communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to promptly address ad hoc requests
- Prior experience supporting USAID/Power Africa programs in an advisory capacity strongly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please apply by sending your resume to this email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be submitted by September 30, 2022. Early applications encouraged. No telephone inquiries, please.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, politicalaffiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information,age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/