Chemonics International Inc. is a US-based international development consulting company that operates in over 80 countries and is dedicated to helping people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives. This requisition is for a USAID funded project in Bangladesh for USAID’s Urban Health Activity.
Chemonics seeks a Senior Technical Advisor for the live 5-year USAID/Bangladesh Urban Health Activity. The $35 million activity will strengthen urban health systems, with the goal of improving equitable health outcomes among all urbanites. To achieve its goal, the activity will work with municipalities and city corporations and focus investments on establishing and strengthening urban health systems to provide quality, equitable public health (including health services), optimize available resources; and become more resilient. This Activity will focus on the following four objectives: 1) Improve the capacity of local health authorities to conduct evidence-based analysis of local health systems and epidemiology for decision-making; 2) Institutionalize evidence-based planning; 3) Strengthen urban health systems; and 4) Strengthen urban health system resilience and responsiveness to shocks and stressors.
This is a key personnel position and is contingent upon USAID funding and approval.
- Supervise team of technical staff to ensure continuity, quality, of work, and professional development of individuals;
- In collaboration with senior technical staff, support the implementation of Bangladesh’s efforts to strengthen urban health systems;
- Lead and design strategies for effective implementation of systems strengthening interventions to impact maternal, newborn, and child health; family planning; nutrition; global health security, and tuberculosis (policies, strategies, guidelines, and standards) in collaboration and coordination among key stakeholders including the MOHFW, MOLGRDC, municipalities, city corporations, civil society, private sector, and other donors;
- Develop technical content geared toward strengthening systems that deliver quality health services and improving monitoring, supervision, and reporting efficiencies;
- Liaise with local and national government counterparts, engage in local level planning, provide necessary guidance for capacity building, and ensure that activities are evidence-based, adapted to local context, and reflect state-of-the-art knowledge and best practices;
- Lead the development and update of detailed annual work plans and ensure the team monitors progress towards completion and achievement of program objectives;
- Lead efforts to analyze and visualize data to drive management decisions towards improved access to use and quality of maternal newborn, child health and family planning services.
- Identify options to improve the existing health information systems;
- Coordinate and support local government-led capacity building efforts
- Participate in the hiring of technical staff for the project;
- Provide regular updates to the USAID Bangladesh Urban Health Activity team on work progress and contribute to activity reporting and success stories as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s in Medicine; Master’s or higher degree in public health;
- Experience working in maternal, newborn, and child health; nutrition program; epidemiology; and program development;
- Demonstrated technical expertise in leading a diverse team in similar programs in the region with a focus on health systems strengthening;
- Expertise in one or more dimensions of universal health coverage, such as equity, quality and access to care;
- At least 8-10 years of relevant experience with USAID or other USG or donor funded health programs;
- Professional experience interacting with host country governments and counterparts; international donor organizations; civil society; and the private sector;
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and English language oral presentation skills.
Please complete your application via this link. Applications must be submitted by close of business Eastern Time (ET) on December 14, 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.