The Partnership Fund for a Resilient Ukraine (PFRU) is a multi-year, multi-donor funded programme managed by the UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) and governed in collaboration with the Government of Ukraine.
The PFRU’s aim is to set improved conditions for the Ukrainian state, in partnership with civil society and the private sector, to lead on inclusive national recovery and revitalization in the context of Russia’s aggression. This outcome is designed to facilitate the rebuilding of a more resilient, socially cohesive, inclusive, independent, democratic, sovereign and prosperous Ukraine. The PFRU provides funds to Ukrainian and international delivery partners and implements projects based on research and evidence. The Project Manager will play a key role in identifying, designing and managing projects in support of Ukrainian government and civil society as part of PFRU, ensuring smooth project delivery in line with Chemonics and FCDO standards. The Project Officer provides support to project management, coordination and oversight, and technical input in the design and delivery of PFRU projects to achieve programme objectives.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POSITION IS BASED ON-SITE IN KYIV. THIS IS NOT A REMOTE WORK OPPORTUNITY.
As Project Officer, the Employee will be responsible for the following principal duties and obligations:
- Assists with the management of assigned project portfolio, coordinating inputs from relevant consultants and partners, ensuring successful delivery against workplan and project requirements.
- Helps to organise and facilitate meetings, as well as taking notes to share with relevant team members and stakeholders.
- Assists other members of the project management team with identification of potential fast track and strategic projects, consulting closely with Government of Ukraine stakeholders (central, regional, local), donors, potential partners and civil society on priority needs.
- Helps coordinate activities with PFRU research and monitoring, evaluation and learning (RMEL) team to align projects with MEL plan and ensure projects are informed by evidence.
- Assists with drafting of scopes of work for PFRU projects, with clear project deliverables, including alignment with overall PFRU strategy and Theory of Change.
- Communicates with Fund Management Team to ensure projects are financially viable and can be delivered in the required timeframes.
- Supports the team in ensuring projects incorporate gender equality and social inclusion principles and are conflict sensitive.
- Contributes to technical workshops, presentations and stakeholder meetings, as required.
- Provides assistance to client technical reporting, including drafting project summaries and monthly report inputs.
- Provides additional technical tasks and deliverables, as requested.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, the Employee must be able to perform each essential duty, obligation, and responsibility satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills and/or abilities needed to perform the principal duties.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a related field
- At least three years of relevant experience, preferably technical advice, program planning, management etc., in large-scale programs funded by FCDO or other donors
- Possession of current knowledge about the current political, economic, social and cultural dynamics in Ukraine
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, in person and remotely, and support colleagues
- Economic and political awareness of existing networks in the central and regional authorities of Ukraine
- Understanding of the dynamics of the war in Ukraine
- Effective communication skills (oral and written)
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English
Apply using the following link. Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis. For roles requiring English language skills, English language CVs are preferred (but not required). Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Application link- Project Officer (C024): https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/a44f8791237c4df2a2c0d3d2ad86b2ca
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/