The Partnership Fund for a Resilient Ukraine (PFRU) is a multi-year, multi-donor funded programme managed by the UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) and governed in collaboration with the Government of Ukraine.
The PFRU’s aim is to set improved conditions for the Ukrainian state, in partnership with civil society and the private sector, to lead on inclusive national recovery and revitalization in the context of Russia’s aggression. This outcome is designed to facilitate the rebuilding of a more resilient, socially cohesive, inclusive, independent, democratic, sovereign and prosperous Ukraine. The PFRU provides funds to Ukrainian and international delivery partners and implements projects based on research and evidence. The Project Manager will play a key role in identifying, designing and managing projects in support of Ukrainian government and civil society as part of PFRU, ensuring smooth project delivery in line with Chemonics and FCDO standards.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POSITION IS BASED ON-SITE IN KYIV. THIS IS NOT A REMOTE WORK OPPORTUNITY.
As Project Manager, the Employee will be responsible for the following principal duties and obligations:
- Supports the Component Director and Deputy Director in the design and development of projects under the PFRU, including grant activities, working in close coordination with potential partners, government (central, regional, local) and civil society stakeholders and the PFRU Fund Management team.
- Prepares, presents, analyses and evaluates concept notes, applications, and grant agreement/award documents to ensure consistency with programme priorities, goals and objectives.
- Drafts scopes of work for PFRU projects, with clear project deliverables, including alignment with overall PFRU strategy and Theory of Change.
- Manages the assigned project portfolio, coordinating inputs from relevant consultants and partners, ensuring successful delivery against workplan and project requirements.
- Manages and provides input to needs assessments aimed at identifying priority project needs with government and civil society actors and drafts terms of reference for potential project proposals.
- Maps potential partners, including non-governmental organisations (NGOs) civil society organisations (CSOs) as well as government, including central, regional, local through networking and outreach, in line with project(s) needs.
- Ensures projects incorporate gender equality and social inclusion (GESI) principles, in coordination with the PFRU GESI lead.
- Coordinates with PFRU research and monitoring, evaluation and learning (RMEL) team to align projects with MEL plan and ensure projects are informed by evidence.
- Uses the fund management tools and project trackers for tracking and detailing activities, and liaises with the Fund Management Team, procurement and finance staff to ensure compliance with internal processes and donor requirements; supported by the Project Officer.
- Communicates with Fund Management Team to ensure projects are financially viable and can be delivered in the required timeframes.
- Provides technical and administrative assistance and training to partners, grantees and local government administrations, where relevant during project design and implementation.
- Assists with operational planning for projects, in coordination with the PFRU operations and security teams.
- Works with delivery partners to identify and manage risks and ensure projects are delivered within required budgets, regularly briefing the Deputy Director.
- Monitors and evaluates project progress, coordinating with the PFRU Monitoring & Evaluation team and funding recipients to provide quality assurance and input into project reporting.
- Contributes to technical workshops, presentations and stakeholder meetings, as required and requested by PFRU leadership.
- Provides inputs to client technical reporting relating to the project portfolio, including drafting project summaries and monthly report inputs.
- Analyses Ukraine’s rapidly changing context on an ongoing basis to inform project design and delivery, sharing relevant updates with the wider team where appropriate.
- Travels on occasion within Ukraine to engage with staff, partners and stakeholders (subject to the security situation at the time).
- Provides additional administrative and technical tasks and deliverables, as requested by Component Director and/or Deputy Director.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, the Employee must be able to perform each essential duty, obligation, and responsibility satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills and/or abilities needed to perform the principal duties.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred.
- At least 5 year demonstrated experience in project design, development and management, particularly in technical areas including civil society capacity building, public service delivery and strategic communications
- Strong organisational, management, and administrative skills, including report writing and monitoring and evaluation
- Demonstrated analytical ability and understanding of local, regional, and national political context, with the ability to think creatively in conceptualising relevant project activities
- Proven knowledge of local and international NGOs and community-based organisations implementing relevant activities and projects in Ukraine, as well as key governmental actors and stakeholders, with an up-to-date understanding and knowledge of the political and social environment
- Experience working with local organisations, including government entities and civil society, preferred
- Experience with donor funded projects preferred
- Fluent Ukrainian and English required
Apply using the following link. Apply using the following link. Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis. For roles requiring English language skills, English language CVs are preferred (but not required). Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Application link- Project Manager (C039): https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/a44f8791237c4df2a2c0d3d2ad86b2ca
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/