Chemonics seeks a Project Director for the anticipated five-year Reaching every at-risk community and household with malaria services (REACH Malaria) based in Washington, DC. This program aims to support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), as well as U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Missions and Bureaus with malaria programs, to provide implementation support services and technical assistance to countries to accelerate progress in comprehensive delivery of facility and community-based malaria services, including malaria case management, prevention of malaria in pregnancy (MiP), seasonal malaria chemoprevention (SMC), health systems strengthening, data collection and use for service delivery, and other malaria prevention interventions.
The Project Director will bear primary responsibility for the overall technical and managerial requirements of contract performance. S/he will respond to USAID/PMI requests, provide central management and oversight of buy-ins under this award, ensure quality and control methods are applied, and report to USAID personnel in accordance with USAID reporting requirements.
Chemonics is seeking prospective candidates for a proposal effort, this is not an open position. Once a proposal is awarded and a position becomes available, all applicants must apply to be considered for the role.
Chemonics International Inc. is a US-based international development consulting company that operates in over 80 countries and is dedicated to helping people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide central management and oversight of activities and country buy-ins under this award, working collaboratively and often with USAID central and field project managers, technical officers, Contracting Officers, and meet and consult regularly with the COR (Contracting Officer Representative) as well as Chemonics HO
- Provide technical and administrative leadership, direction and guidance, place and support all key and technical staff for the project
- Regularly provide updates and report to USAID technical and contract personnel in accordance with USAID reporting requirements as well as Chemonics’s GHD requirements (Global Health Division)
- Manage international consortium partners ensuring a coordinated and unified response in implementation of all project related activities
- Provide oversight to the project to ensure technical and management quality and compliance
- Engage other key malaria stakeholders, ensure project representation in global malaria platforms, and ensure the project is up to date with latest developments in malaria
- Ensure quality assurance and control measures are applied in a consistent and transparent manner for all contracted tasks and functions
- Fosters and demonstrates a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation and exceeding expectations
- Lead thought leadership efforts to increase project and organizational visibility
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed to perform the principal duties.
- A master’s degree in public health or a related field. A Doctoral (MD or PhD) degree will be preferred
- At least fifteen (15) years of professional experience in the management of health-related activities in developing countries, with at least ten years of experience working on malaria control programs (work specifically on vector control is preferred)
- Of those fifteen years, demonstration of increasing responsibility at progressive levels, including at least ten years of providing senior-level leadership (e.g., Project Director, Deputy Director) to programs of similar magnitude and complexity
- Demonstrated knowledge of U.S. Government or international development organization policies and procedures as they relate to international development is preferred
- Knowledge of PMI and malaria programming desired
- Experience managing multi-national projects with multiple country offices
- Effective English oral and written communication skills is required
- Ability to interact professionally in one or more of the following foreign languages (Spanish, Portuguese, or French) is preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Use the link to apply: https://ghdrecruit.formstack.com/forms/project_director No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.