Chemonics seeks an Operations and Finance Director for the anticipated USAID, five-year Integrated Health Activity in Sierra Leone. The Operations and Finance Director is responsible for assisting the Chief of Party with the development and implementation of management systems and supervision of project operations and staff, directly supervising operations, procurement, transport, and finance staff. S/he will provide oversight of all administrative systems to ensure quality control of project administration. S/he will ensure the coordination and coherence of and adherence to U.S. government regulations and Chemonics’ corporate and project office policies at a central and several regional project office. Sierra Leonean and African Union nationals are strongly encouraged to apply. Please note this position is contingent upon successful award. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Support the Chief of Party to develop and implement management systems for project planning, reporting, and performance management; financial management; property and technical procurement systems; and personnel management
- Manage daily work of finance and operations project team members and provides performance feedback.
- Support technical implementation through timely reviews of sub/contracts or sub-recipient modifications, processing of local subcontractor payments, and overall effective management of subcontracts and leases with landlords, warehouses, and other vendors, as well as relevant software licenses
- Monitor and support the standardization of operational systems, policies, and procedures for the Integrated Health activity central and regional project offices
- Ensure compliance with U.S. government regulations, Chemonics’ corporate policies, laws of Sierra Leone, and any supplemental policies developed specifically for Sierra Leone
- Develop and implement systems that assist supervisors to manage and oversee supervisees and provides regular and constructive feedback to project staff
- Ensure proper administration of the program through the supervision of the project finance, grants, procurement, and administration teams. Track and report quarterly on project financial management indicators
- Anticipate future recruitment needs, lead recruitment efforts – including initial CV reviews, participating in interview panels, and onboarding – on as-needed basis
- Manage annual performance evaluation and salary increase processes
- Promote and support staff continuous development
- Draft and review RFQs for procurement; review purchase orders and draft/finalize subcontracts
- Manage travel and provide logistics support to project staff
- Ensure project inventory and project vehicles are maintained
- Ensure compliance with U.S. government regulations, Chemonics’ corporate policies, the laws of the Government of Sierra Leone
- Oversee the management of local subcontracts and grants under contract for compliance and performance; including coordinating with technical staff to finalize scope and managing performance of contractor or grantee against deliverables
- Review/Approve coding sheets
- Establish and ensure financial segregation of duties
- Conduct regular reviews of petty cash register
- Review final review of payroll for project staff
- Review monthly wire transfer requests
- Maintain subcontracts/procurement tracker and provide financial forecasting and accruals information to PMU on a monthly basis
- Draft annual and ad hoc budgets, in particular estimation of resources, LOE, and in-country travel necessary to implement current and future work plan activities
- Keep up-to-date on evolving in-country security situation; circulates security updates to relevant in-country staff, and ensures adherence to security guidelines
- Update Emergency Action Plan regularly
- Advanced degree in finance, management, business administration, or economics
- At least ten (10) years’ experience in international donor-funded financial and grants management, with a minimum of 5 years of senior-level responsibility for administration and finance managing programs of similar size
- Proven expertise in finance, accounting, and auditing, monitoring of grant compliance and management and the establishment of internal controls
- Prior experience overseeing finance and administration for a USG-funded project of a similar size and complexity is highly desirable
- Knowledge of USAID administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems along with strategic program planning, management, supervision, and budgeting expertise
- Excellent track record of good interpersonal, supervision, leadership, and managerial skills
- Results-oriented and team player and ability to follow guidelines and controls required of the position
- Prior experience managing a team of high performing staff working in multiple locations/field offices
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access plus working knowledge of accounting and procurement software (particularly QuickBooks) is preferable
- Fluent English oral and written communication skills is required
- Willingness to travel domestically within Sierra Leone for at least 4-8 weeks a year
Equal Employment Opportunity
Please apply through this link: https://ghdrecruit.formstack.com/forms/sierra_leone_integrated_health_activity no later than July 31, 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; no telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.