Chemonics seeks an operations and finance director for the five-year, USAID-funded Mozambique Integrated Malaria Program (IMaP) to assist the government of Mozambique. IMaP will contribute to reducing malaria mortality, morbidity, and parasitemia in targeted provinces across Mozambique. This will be achieved by increasing use and uptake of high-quality malaria prevention and control interventions. The project’s activities will improve the quality of implementation and use of facility and community-based malaria services by strengthening the data flow between these systems. The operations and finance director will provide overall operational and financial management support to the chief of party, and will be responsible for compliance in the project’s finance, operations, procurement, and grants components. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Ensure proper administration by supervising the finance, grants, procurement, and administrative teams
- Track financial management indicators and issue quarterly reports
- Help chief of party develop, implement, and maintain systems for project planning, reporting, and performance management; financial management; property and technical procurement systems; grants management; and personnel management
- Ensure compliance with U.S. government regulations, Chemonics’ corporate policies, and Mozambican law
- Oversee management of local contracts and sub-agreements for compliance and performance, including coordinating with technical staff to finalize scope and managing contractors’ and sub-awardees’ performance against deliverables
- Liaise with home-office project management unit to coordinate the review process for deliverables, provide requested financial or planning information, and coordinate international short-term technical assistance
- Support project communications including reports, success stories, and social media
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration; master’s degree preferred
- Minimum eight years of increasing responsibility in administrative and financial management of large-scale, complex international development assistance programs
- Demonstrated supervisory experience with teams in various locations
- Ability to work effectively, independently, and in a team environment with a broad range of local and international personnel and partners
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing large budgets of programs funded by donors such as USAID or DFID
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of the procurement process from solicitation to award
- Extensive experience in development and managing a donor-funded grants program
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook) to implement, analyze, monitor, and manage goals, inputs, outcomes, and achievements
- Ability to develop working relationships and trust with public and private organizations
- Ability to prepare regular and ad hoc reports, activity documentation, and briefing papers
- Proficient English and Portuguese
- Demonstrated versatility, leadership, and integrity
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Operations and Finance Director” in the subject line to recruitIMAP@chemonics.com by March 20, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/EU-Recruiting-Data-Privacy-Notice-12.2018.pdf.