Chemonics International seeks a Finance & Operations Director for the anticipated USAID-funded Egypt Macroeconomic Activity. The project will seek to address macroeconomic issues and enhance the resiliency of Egypt’s macroeconomic framework. The Finance & Operations Director will report to the Chief of Party and oversee both the financial and operational management of program activities. S/he will provide oversight of all operational, human resources, procurement, subcontracting, and financial processes to ensure quality control of project administration and project compliance with USAID regulations and Chemonics corporate policies.
This position will be based in Cairo. We are looking for dynamic individuals with a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Oversee and manage daily work of the operations and finance team, providing training to new staff as well as timely performance feedback.
- Ensure project compliance with USAID rules, Chemonics policies, and local regulations.
- Establish effective and efficient protocols for preventing, detecting, identifying, and correcting noncompliance.
- Support implementation through timely reviews and effective management of subcontracts, purchase orders, and leases and agreements with landlords, service providers, and local vendors.
- Monitor and support the standardization of operational systems and policies.
- Ensure that the most reasonable, fair, expeditious, and appropriate procurement choices are made pursuant to the Chemonics Procurement Guide.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- At least seven years of relevant work experience in operations and administrative areas (including procurement/subcontracting, human resources, compliance, finance management etc.)
- Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded projects with responsibilities in procurement, human resources, and/or operations strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of the operating environment and employment regulations in Egypt.
- Proven ability to supervise staff effectively.
- Understanding of country context and key stakeholders is required.
- Demonstrated leadership and vision, versatility, integrity, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English required. Arabic fluency required.
Please complete and submit the following form with your CV and cover letter attached by August 31, 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn more about how we process your personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.