Chemonics International Inc. is a US-based international development consulting company that operates in over 80 countries and is dedicated to helping people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives. This requisition is for a USAID funded project in Bangladesh for USAID’s Urban Health Activity.
Chemonics seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning Director (MELR Director) for the live 5-year USAID Urban Health Activity. The $35 million activity will strengthen urban health systems, with the goal of improving equitable health outcomes among all urbanites. To achieve its goal, the activity will work with municipalities and city corporations and focus investments on establishing and strengthening urban health systems to provide quality, equitable public health (including health services), optimize available resources; and become more resilient. This Activity will focus on the following four objectives: 1) Improve the capacity of local health authorities to conduct evidence-based analysis of local health systems and epidemiology for decision-making; 2) Institutionalize evidence-based planning; 3) Strengthen urban health systems; and 4) Strengthen urban health system resilience and responsiveness to shocks and stressors.
This is a key personnel position and is contingent upon USAID funding and approval.
- Lead the development and management of the MELR plan;
- Develop and maintain systems to collect data and lead efforts to regularly analyze data and work with program staff for adaptive management;
- Lead analysis to produce information on inputs, outputs, outcomes, and impact of the project;
- Collaborate with and oversee sub-grantees to provide feedback on data collection and indicators; analyze data reported from sub-grantees; and support training of M&E personnel in quality assurance methods;
- Ensure the highest quality data reported from the local public health system in coordination with the national health MIS system;
- Collaborate with the project team to design Operations Research (OR) to support learning, evaluation, and planning, and oversees the implementation of OR projects as well as analysis, dissemination, and use;
- Provide leadership and oversight of MELR activities including routine process monitoring, data collection, data analysis, data quality, timeliness, and reporting;
- Ensure MELR activities are in line with the USAID Evaluation Policy;
- Supervise MELR staff;
- Contribute to contractual deliverables with a focus on data-based results
- Ensure the creation and dissemination of program learning through strategic communication;
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) preferably related to statistics, research design, demography, or a relevant field of study;
- At least ten years’ experience in monitoring, evaluating, and research related to public health programs of which at least 8 years’ experience with programs of similar size and complexity funded by USAID or other donors;
- Experience to plan; conduct and monitor surveys; and evaluation;
- Excellent data analytics, interpersonal, writing, and English language oral presentation skills.
Please complete your application via this link. Applications must be submitted by close of business Eastern Time (ET) on December 14, 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.