Chemonics seeks a Francophone Product Introduction Specialist for the ongoing USAID Frontier Health Markets Engage project in Madagascar. Building on over 30 years of USAID investment, FHM Engage focuses on strengthening local health markets by addressing the root causes of market failures in the core market functions to create the necessary behavior change that catalyzes supply and demand and supports sustainable change. As part of the implementation of its 2024 work plan for Component 1) Product Availability, Chemonics is recruiting for a Product Introduction Specialist. Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Product Introduction Specialist is responsible for implementing the annual work plan for the Product Availability component. He/she will be responsible for achieving the objectives and results of this project component, developing strategies and carrying out planned activities in collaboration with the project’s technical team. This position will be based in Antananarivo, Madagascar. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Planning and Strategy: Develop partnerships to improve the availability of FP, MCH and nutrition products to private providers; Analyze regulatory opportunities and risks, distribution opportunities, risks and potential innovations; Implement strategic plans for product launches, including marketing, sales and regulatory aspects; Assist partners in advocacy processes to facilitate market opening.
- Launch, Promotion and Communication: Negotiate and supervise agreements with various market players (manufacturers, distributors, service providers, etc.) and ensure their proper execution; Coordinate all launch-related activities, from production to distribution and communication; Participate in capacity-building initiatives for players, including care providers, to strengthen management, distribution, logistics and inventory management; Organize and/or participate in events, seminars, workshops and training to promote the product.
- Analysis: Coordinate surveys related to FP, MCH and nutrition products, including distribution surveys, and extract relevant lessons for decision making; Consolidation, updating and analysis of various private for-profit service delivery databases to provide market information, identify data gaps and extract relevant lessons for decision making ; Monitor and evaluate product performance after launches, analyzing sales, customer feedback, etc.; Analyze market, competition and trends to identify opportunities and challenges; Develop implementation strategy by providing data, information and other input.
- Program Management: regular technical support to partners; relations with the ecosystem of program stakeholders; coordination of interventions with other USAID projects; production of technical reports; facilitation of meetings/workshops/trainings; contribution to monitoring-evaluation-learning and project communication.
- Advanced degree at Master II level (or Bacc+5) or equivalent:
- in a business or management-related field with experience in public and private healthcare, or
- in the field of pharmacy with management experience
- At least 7 years’ proven experience in implementing, supervising and monitoring the supply chain for healthcare products
- Good understanding of the pharmaceutical regulatory environment in Madagascar
- Knowledge of FP health, MCH and nutrition, having conducted market analyses would be an asset
- Experience in health data and information management, in particular of the Logistics Management Information System (LMIS) in public health supply chain management
- Familiarity with the private healthcare system in Madagascar and/or more than 5 years’ experience working in private healthcare establishments
- Demonstrated ability to manage and implement healthcare programs
- Ability to follow guidelines and collaborate with other project teams and key players in the public and private healthcare market
- Experience in conducting evaluations, developing recommendations and key interventions.
- Excellent writing, data analysis and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills in French and proven public relations skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Willing to learn and propose initiatives to resolve supply chain challenges or performance gaps
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office suite applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Good understanding of English
- Experience working with USAID-funded programs is an added advantage
- Self-motivated and dynamic
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility and integrity
- Please send an email with your CV, cover letter, and a methodological note describing the overall work approach, a detailed timetable, and daily rate attached and “FHM Engage Madagascar Recruitment PIS” in the subject line to email@example.com by September 25, 2023. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/