Chemonics seeks a Francophone Administrative and Operations Assistant for the ongoing USAID Frontier Health Markets Engage project in Madagascar. Building on over 30 years of USAID investment, FHM Engage focuses on strengthening local health markets by addressing the root causes of market failures in the core market functions to create the necessary behavior change that catalyzes supply and demand and supports sustainable change. As part of implementation of its 2024 work plan for Component 3. Finance and Operations, Chemonics is recruiting an Administrative and Operations Assistant. Under the supervision of the Finance and Operations Manager of FHM Engage Madagascar, he/she is responsible for providing administrative, financial, logistical and operational support in the implementation of project activities. He/she is a key member of the operations team and will work closely with the field and headquarters team to ensure the smooth running of the FHM Engage Madagascar office. This position will be based in Antananarivo, Madagascar. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Finance: Assist the Finance Manager in planning, managing and implementing all aspects of the project’s accounting system and maintaining an accounting database; Collect and record all information that will facilitate the exchange of information and dissemination of project financial documentation and records to head office ; Manage supplier invoices, manage and ensure timely payment, documentation for all payment transactions for vouchers, checks and transfer forms, project accounting file system, tax files and payroll; Manage petty cash, including petty cash reconciliation and rejections.
- Meeting/workshop/mission logistics: Organize preparations for meetings/workshops and all project events in collaboration with the Communication Manager: canvassing, booking, installation… any logistical activities required; Ensure payment of workshop/training participants; Prepare missions, team member travel (hotel booking, training venue, workshop or conference etc…) and make travel arrangements.
- Administration: manage supplies, vehicle movements (vehicle planning, logbook follow-up, etc.) and fuel, stock, prepare and manage meeting minutes.
- Other: support with Technical, Communication and Monitoring & Evaluation team as needed; any other tasks required for the smooth running of activities and achievement of project objectives.
- At least a bachelor’s degree (Bacc+3) or equivalent in Economics, Management, Logistics or similar field
- At least five years’ proven experience in a similar position, preferably in a USAID-funded project
- Proven experience in handling international accounting or project management software
- Proficiency in computer programs, in particular Word, Excel and Outlook,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in Malagasy and French
- Ability to write and communicate clearly and concisely in English
- Responsible, rigorous and organized,
- Dynamic, committed and motivated
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility and integrity
Please send an email with your CV, cover letter, and a methodological note describing the overall work approach, a detailed timetable, and daily rate attached and “FHM Engage Madagascar Recruitment AOA” in the subject line to email@example.com by Monday September 25, 2023. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/