Chemonics seeks a finance and operations director for the anticipated USAID Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) activity in Benin. The anticipated, five-year, $10 to $25 million activity aims to strengthen and enhance the health system in Benin to deliver quality health services. The activity will 1) strengthen the management of human resources for health, 2) increase data availability and use, 3) increase private sector investments, and 4) strengthen the implementation and scale up of Universal Health Coverage (UHC). The finance and operations director will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of budgeting, financial management, compliance, and reporting. S/he will provide financial management and administration of the contract, and management support and oversight in the implementation of the Activity in accordance with USAID regulations and procedures. This position will be based in Cotonou, Benin. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Oversee overall project operations and finances
- Monitor and support the standardization of operational systems, policies and procedures
- Ensure continuous liquidity and supervise daily financial operations, including cash-flow management, time sheet recording, preparing cash requests, reviewing and approving expenditures
- Review and manage signed approvals, bid analysis and cost competition, grant and subcontract agreements
- Maintain completeness of project files
- Provide training to local national finance and procurement staff on best practices for field office finance management
- Ensure contractual compliance of project activities with USAID regulations policies
- Maintain personnel records of expatriate and local staff and ensure compliance with local labor laws. Assist the chief of party and project leadership in the delivery of technical assistance, including scopes of work and progress reports
- Maintain regular correspondence with USAID and the home office
- Master’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, or other relevant discipline is required
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience related to operations and finance in Benin
- Detailed knowledge of USAID rules and regulations, particularly relating to finance and accounting, and contractual compliance and oversight
- Experience working in developing countries required; experience in Benin preferred
- Grants or subcontracting management experience, completion of Grants Management Practicum preferred
- In-depth knowledge of Chemonics policies and procedures related to human resources, financial and grants management, financial reporting, and procurement processes
- Strong interpersonal skills in working with project stakeholders and USAID
- Proven ability to mentor, supervise, and support staff and experience managing locally hired personnel
- Computer skills and strong knowledge of MS Office applications
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Professional fluency in French required, fluency in English desired. Proven ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
Please complete your application via this link by March 31, 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.