Chemonics seeks a family planning marketplace consultant for the ongoing USAID Frontier Health Markets Engage (FHM Engage) project in India. The project aims to provide technical assistance (TA,) supporting local actors to improve the ability of health markets to meet supply-side capacity gaps and consumer preferences, contributing to equitable provision of and access to high-quality family planning (FP) and other health services and products in mixed health systems. The Family Planning Marketplace Consultant will contribute to the development of an FP Marketplace solution in India to connect development partners who are financing public health interventions with private sector agencies to increase delivery of FP products, services, and information. The consultant will work closely with the USAID India mission and USAID Washington team to co-design the marketplace solution. The location of assignment is India, with Delhi preferred. This is a full-time consultancy over an initial period of 4 months with the possibility of extension into a long-term position.
Chemonics International Inc. is a US-based international development consulting company, operating in over 95 countries. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise in designing a prototype for the FP marketplace
- Conduct contact mapping of potential financiers and solution providers, crowdsourcing additional contacts with the India mission and key stakeholders
- Develop data collection guides and collect pertinent data from actors to synthesize into a FP marketplace database
- Facilitate codesigning with the India mission and Washington Agreement Officer Representative (AOR) team
- Host information gathering sessions with local stakeholders to inform the marketplace solution
- Pressure test the design of the marketplace solution through scoping of pipeline actors for marketplace
- Present the final FP Marketplace design, budget, and implementation plan to the mission and AOR team
- Minimum seven years’ experience in design, implementation, and management of customized support packages (grants, technical assistance, subcontracts) for family planning market actors
- Advanced degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or relevant field; strong business acumen with MBA or equivalent work experience
- Ability to engage and coordinate with a wide range of stakeholders (USAID mission, global USAID, private sector service delivery partners including whole sales, retailers)
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills, and ability to communicate effectively to diverse audiences
- Ability to develop financial models in Excel
- Fluency in English both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please submit CV and cover letter with the position title in the subject line to FHMEngageRecruitment@FHM-Engage.org by March 22, 2023. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/