Chemonics seeks a director of finance and operations (DFO) for the anticipated USAID/Uganda Social and Behavior Change for Transformation activity (SBC4T) based in Kampala, Uganda. SBC4T’s purpose is to improve the ability of individuals, households, and communities to adopt priority behaviors through social and behavior change and, in turn, to facilitate the transformation of households, communities, and systems for improved health and development outcomes. The DFO will oversee all activity offices in Uganda, including procurement, grants, construction, logistics, human resources, accounting and finance, and records. Managing the contract budget and preparing financial reports for submission to USAID, the DFO will ensure that funds expended are compliant with U.S. government regulations and policies. The DFO will implement fraud mitigation practices, ensuring that systems and processes support the award’s effective implementation. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Master’s degree or higher in accounting, finance, business administration, or a related discipline
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in administrative and financial management of large, complex projects; a minimum of eight years of this experience must be in international development
- Experience managing USAID or other donor-funded development programs preferred
- Strong ability to collaborate and build partnerships with Ugandan government ministries and representatives
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage large budgets
- Familiarity with complying with Federal Acquisition Regulations required
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required; fluency in Ugandan languages preferred
Please apply through https://ghdrecruit.formstack.com/forms/uganda_sbc4t_application. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/