Chemonics seeks a director, monitoring, evaluation, and learning for an anticipated multi-year, USAID-funded health project in Nigeria. The Strategic HIV and AIDS Response Program Nigeria will focus on improving the quality and effectiveness of high-impact, evidence-based HIV/AIDS interventions to meet state and local government areas’ specific goals and objectives. This project will cover governance, access, and demand activities for HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis (TB) services. The specific objectives of the program include targeted and efficient HIV case identification through optimized index partner and self-testing, linkage to care and treatment; patient enrollment in HIV/AIDS therapy with adequate adherence and retention; successful suppression of HIV viral loads; specialized services that attract key and vulnerable populations to achieve epidemic control; and increased capacity of the Nigerian government to expand, oversee and finance HIV/AIDS and TB services. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Lead the design and implementation of the program monitoring and evaluation (M&E) framework and information system to track delivery against targets, outcomes and impacts
- Lead analysis of data collected for assessment of progress and areas of improvement
- Create an environment across projects and sites that encourages timely data inputs into the central data system and usage of data for decision-making at the site, local, state, and national levels to include patient management, commodities, and laboratory data
- Monitor site-level performance to refine case finding and linkage approaches, decrease attrition, and scale up viral load
- Analyze performance and data to course-correct and implement program changes
- Use surveillance data to inform programming for activities that permit it to achieve epidemic control for all genders, ages, and risk groups
- Lead the scale-up of evidence-informed combination prevention
- Guide the reporting processes among technical staff, consolidate program reports, and promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learned
- Support all technical staff in M&E functions and manage M&E-related staff in the program
- Master’s degree in epidemiology, public health, biostatistics, or a related discipline
- Minimum of seven years of experience designing and implementing M&E activities for public health programs in developing countries
- A firm command of M&E issues with respect to improvements in quality integrated service and support programs
- In-depth knowledge and experience in United States government/ President’s Emergency Plan For AIDS Relief reporting requirements
- Proven experience analyzing similar data and applying information to improve project implementation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in Nigeria or West Africa preferred
- Fluency in English required
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please apply through https://ghdrecruit.formstack.com/forms/nigeria_sharp_to. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/EU-Recruiting-Data-Privacy-Notice-12.2018.pdf