Chemonics seeks a long-term deputy team leader for the anticipated Pathways to Prosperity for Extremely Poor People (PPEPP) project in Bangladesh. Funded by the U.K. Department for International Development (DFID), PPEPP will deliver results through five main components: (1) livelihood support, including support to adapt to a changing climate and prepare for disasters; (2) market development, including connecting extremely poor people to markets and employment opportunities while building their capacity; (3) nutrition, including improving delivery of national nutrition services in target communities; (4) community mobilization to change social norms that exclude groups, particularly women and people with disabilities; and (5) extreme poverty policy and governance facility for tackling extreme poverty and supporting investment in basic services. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Assist the team leader with implementing project activities
- Facilitate the achievement and tracking of project deliverables and impact as well as reporting on them
- Comply with contract provisions
- Assist with establishing structures and processes to manage components and technical areas of the project
- Liaise with government representatives, including the Ministry of Finance, and local partner organizations
- Advanced university degree in economic development, public finance, public administration, or related field; master’s degree preferred
- Demonstrated experience working with DFID and other international donors and development programs, including experience in poverty alleviation, disaster and climate resilience, and economic growth
- Minimum of 10 years of experience leading complex, high-speed, and challenging field operations in developing countries; experience in Bangladesh preferred
- Strong leadership, administrative, management, presentation, reporting, and communication skills
- Experience working collaboratively with the government of Bangladesh at various levels, international donors, and local organisations
- Experience integrating gender equality and women’s empowerment considerations into private or public sector development activities
- Financial management experience, including in budgeting, tracking, reporting, accounting, and procuring preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Proficiency in English required
Please send an email with a CV and cover letter attached and “Deputy team leader” in the subject line to BangladeshPPEPP@chemonics.com. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. We encourage early submission of applications, as we will interview candidates on a rolling basis. We also encourage cooperating country nationals to apply. Selection will be based on merit.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn about how we process your personal data. Please use the following link to access the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice: https://chemonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/EU-Recruiting-Data-Privacy-Notice-12.2018.pdf.