Chemonics seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the anticipated USAID Colombia Tierra Dorada Activity in Colombia. This $21-25 million five-year project will aim to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, promote biodiversity conservation and support licit livelihoods through the development and support of socially and environmentally responsible artisanal and small-scale mining (ASM) activities and alternative sustainable economic opportunities in targeted areas in Colombia. This will be achieved by: 1) Improving ecosystem services and conservation in areas affected by illegal and informal ASM.; 2) Strengthening responsibility and lawfulness of ASM activities throughout the entire supply chain of gold and targeted minerals.
The Deputy Chief of Party will support the COP in technical management and oversight, temporarily assume his/her duties during his/her absence, and liaise with USAID, and stakeholders, among other duties assigned by the COP. This position will be based in Medellin, Colombia. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Work closely with the COP to provide support on technical management and oversight of the program
- Lead and supervise teams for the efficient planning, coordination, development, implementation, and tracking of activities
- Work with senior staff for the successful implementation of program deliverables
- Provide expert input into work planning, activities, and initiatives
- Work closely with COP on the management of overall communication with subcontractors as required
- Collaborate with a range of partners, including but not limited to USAID, international donors, implementing partners, and inter-agency initiatives
- Perform other duties as required or assigned by the Chief of Party (COP)
- A graduate degree in a relevant engineering, projects, development, environmental, administration, or economic science or other field related to the Activity scope or four years of equivalent experience in environmental issues
- A minimum of six years of experience with development projects
- Proven knowledge of the ASM and illegal mining context Colombia, or proven experience in programs with a focus on mining, extractive economies, illicit economies, or environmental issues
- Knowledge of managerial processes and techniques in project management
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation
- Proven leadership and organizational skills, successfully managing and coordinating large and diverse work groups
- Very good human resource management skills
- Good adaptive mindset, facilitation, and collaboration skills
- Experience with technology/technology integration is highly desirable
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent spoken, written and reading abilities in Spanish and English
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Tierra Dorada Deputy Chief of Party” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 27, 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/