Chemonics seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated $15-25 million USAID Eastern and Southern Caribbean Resilient Economies and Sectors Activity (Caribbean RESET). The project aims to 1) reduce systemic constraints to climate and disaster finance; and 2) increase investments in resilience across priority sectors such as agriculture. The Deputy Chief of Party will report to the Chief of Party. This position will be based in Barbados. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Assist the Chief of Party in all aspects of project implementation, including leadership, technical direction, and management oversight for project activities and results.
- Manage day-to-day technical activities, ensuring that results are achieved on schedule and in line with USAID expectations.
- Serve as the primary contact for USAID/ESC
- Maintain frequent communication with and be the primary technical contact for government officials and counterparts.
- Represent the project to external audiences.
- A master’s degree in economics, environmental studies, international development, or a related field
- Minimum 7 years of experience working in the field of climate finance, resilience, economics, or related sector.
- Prior experience managing teams, preferably in donor-funded projects.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Experience in leadership position for a previous USAID project preferred.
- Prior work experience in Barbados or ESC country strongly preferred.
- Fluency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Please send an email with your CV attached and “Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)” in the subject line to email@example.com by July 3rd, 2023. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.