Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID/Philippines Higher Education Activity. By strengthening higher education as a key driver of inclusive growth, the activity builds upon the significant gains made by the Philippines in addressing challenges in higher education, innovation, and human capital development. It will also support ongoing efforts to respond and adapt to the medium and long-term challenges that COVID-19 has presented to the higher education sector. This position will be based in Manila, Philippines and is estimated to begin in early 2023. We are looking for an individual who has a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world
- Provide overall leadership, management, and technical direction for the $25 million+ activity, ensuring alignment with the project’s vision and smooth program implementation
- Represent Chemonics to USAID, the Government of Philippines, Philippine counterparts, local partners, and other program stakeholders; manage productive working relationships with USAID, government counterparts, program stakeholders, implementing partners, private sector entities, and Chemonics’ program management unit
- Administer the project’s financial oversight and procedures, ensuring compliance with local labor laws, USAID regulations, and Chemonics policies and procedures
- Advanced degree in education, education policy, or other relevant technical fields required
- Minimum of ten years of technical experience in some or all of the following technical areas: higher education, workforce development, and institutional capacity strengthening
- Experience leading complex international development programs is required; experience serving as a USAID chief of party or other senior management experience for efforts of similar scope, size, and complexity is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Chief of Party” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 19, 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/