Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID Nepal Agricultural Transformation project. The chief of party will liaise with USAID on all matters related to project management and will spearhead the program’s technical strategy development and implementation. This position is anticipated to be based in Nepal. The project seeks to catalyze transformation of Nepal’s agricultural sector required for inclusive economic growth. The objectives for this activity are to increase agricultural productivity, competitiveness, and diversification; improve the enabling environment for private sector investment in agriculture and equitable access to market systems; enhance climate and economic resilience of women, youth, and marginalized communities enhanced; and strengthen capacity of national agricultural research institutions and extension systems. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall project leadership, management, and technical direction
- Supervise technical and administrative staff
- Serve as the primary liaison with USAID and international and regional partners
- Ensure that all project assistance is technically sound and appropriate
- Direct implementation of the project’s strategic long-term vision
- Oversee work planning, performance management, and strategic communications
- Advanced degree in management, international development, or a related field
- Minimum 15 years of professional experience in development, with seven years in a developing country
- Minimum five years of experience as chief of party, managing complex activities that involve coordination with multiple project stakeholders across a range of implementation areas
- Strong capabilities in institutional capacity development, high-level strategic visioning and leadership, and collaboration with civil society and other development partners
- Experience with local government or decentralized governance desirable, or at a minimum, an appreciation of how the government operates
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership in designing, managing, implementing, and monitoring and evaluating similar-sized donor-supported projects, with skills in strategic planning, management, supervision, and budgeting; preferable experience in managing complex activities involving coordination with multiple project partner institutions
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills to fulfill the project’s diverse technical and managerial requirements and effectively coordinate with a range of stakeholders
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and lead multidisciplinary teams
- Strong experience engaging government accountability institutions with civil society organizations to effect change
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Chief of Party” in the subject line to AgTransformationRecruit@chemonics.com by June 27th, 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.