Chemonics seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated five year, $15 million USAID Higher Education Policy Support (HEPS) Activity in Vietnam. The activity aims to provide strategic and systems level support to the Vietnam Ministry of Education and Training (MOET) and its goals to modernize and internationalize the higher education sector. The chief of party (COP) will be responsible for the overall management and implementation of the project. This position will be based in Hanoi, Vietnam. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall leadership, management, and technical direction to deliver high quality higher education programs that are inclusive and responsive to market needs.
- Administer the project’s financial oversight; ensuring compliance with local labor laws, USAID regulations, and Chemonics policies and procedures
- Serve as a liaison between USAID, public and private sector stakeholders and Chemonics’ program management unit on all program related matters
- Oversee contract management, including personnel, budget, reporting, MEL, and communications and ensure the Activity meets stated results as per its goal and objectives.
- Oversees incorporation of cross-cutting principles into activity programming, including gender, equity and social inclusion
- Facilitate close collaboration and teamwork, including mentorship and development of local technical and administrative staff
- Master’s degree or higher in education, social science, or another relevant field
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible international experience managing donor-funded programs of similar scope and size; a minimum of five years of experience in higher education, human and institutional capacity development and/or private sector engagement
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong working relationships with host government officials, faculty and administrators of higher education institutions, other donors, civil society, and private sector.
- Experience developing partnerships with universities and the private sector relating to education technology and digitalization preferred.
- Proven leadership on the administration of similar sized international donor technical assistance projects or higher education institutions with skills in policy analysis and implementation, strategic planning, management, supervision, and budgeting
- Demonstrated ability to lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience working in the Asia region required; experience working in Vietnam or other Lower Mekong countries preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English required.
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Chief of Party” in the subject line to VietnamHEPSrecruit@chemonics.com by April 15th, 2023. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an employer that does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.