Chemonics seeks a Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID-funded Enhancing Development through Energy in East and Central Africa program (EDEECA). The purpose of the program, part of the Power Africa initiative, is to program is to increase the availability of and access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and clean energy in East and Central Africa in order to reach measurable economic growth, development outcomes, such as reducing poverty, improving livelihoods and increasing inclusive access to electricity enabled services in such areas as health, education, sanitation and food security
The overall objectives of the activity are to:
- End energy poverty by increasing access to affordable, reliable energy which can support increased economic activity and improved living standards.
- Increase the supply of electricity in East and Central African countries through clean energy solutions.
- Remove constraints to investment in East and Central African energy sectors and to increase innovation.
The Chief of Party (COP) will supervise all activities related to this program and have overall responsibility for the successful performance of the technical assistance team. The COP shall provide strategic leadership and bear primary responsibility for all administrative requirements of the contract, ensuring that the quarterly key performance indicators, objectives, and deliverables for the project are met. They will be responsible for ensuring the project follows USAID regulations, the contract, and Chemonics policies. The COP will be the official representative of the contractor and be primarily responsible for liaising with high-level USAID and government officials, and forging alliances with a myriad of businesses, organizations and stakeholders and managing multiple offices. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Providing overall vision, management, and strategic leadership to the Activity
- Identifying adjustments in scope and operations to ensure that the project adapts to changes in need and context
- Supervising and empowering all personnel
- Establishing effective partnerships with other U.S. government agencies, African partners, development partners, non-governmental organizations, and a wide variety of other stakeholders
- Effectively communicating in large public settings, as well as with senior government officials
- Ensuring that managerial, administrative, and financial procedures comply with USAID policies and procedures
- Supervise the technical leads, operations/grants managers, and short-term personnel
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum ten (10) years of management experience implementing energy programs on- and beyond-the-grid. Sub-Saharan Africa work experience is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomacy, and leadership skills, including the ability to manage high-level relationships
- Proven ability to form collaborative relationships with intergovernmental, government representatives and other stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead a dynamic team of professionals across large geographies
- Prior experience effectively managing large, complex activities in the energy sector and achieving performance objectives
- Prior experience leading USAID/Power Africa programs strongly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please apply by sending your resume to this email email@example.com. Applications must be submitted by September 30, 2022. Early applications encouraged. No telephone inquiries, please.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information,age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/