Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID Afghanistan Air Export Program. This program will support planned investments to modernize major Afghan airports, improve air cargo operations and facilities, and strengthen export facilitation initiatives with the goal of increasing income for Afghan exporters and generating new jobs. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall project leadership through strategic planning, management, and technical implementation
- Collaborate with the project design team to create and operationalize an annual work plan formulating project activities, deliverables, and budget needs in accordance with the USAID annual planning cycle, assuring timely disbursement of funds
- Provide technical oversight and supervision of employees and consultants, including reviewing and editing reports and deliverables compiled by program staff and short-term consultants before submission to the USAID contracting officer’s representative
- Ensure quality control and responsiveness of technical assistance, including necessary adjustments to operations to fit USAID and Afghanistan government requirements
- Coordinate efforts on data collection, monitoring, report generation, and evaluation
- Advanced degree in macroeconomics, international trade, or other relevant fields
- Extensive experience with export processing zone or special economic zone establishment and operations preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in developing and transitioning economies, including managing and implementing large projects in export promotion, trade facilitation, private sector engagement, policy development, business enabling environment, and economic growth and investment, particularly in Afghanistan, the region, or in post-conflict countries
- Minimum of five years of experience as a senior manager or a team leader; experience with a donor-funded project of similar scope and complexity preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required
Please submit an electronic version of your CV and cover letter to AEPZ@chemonics.com , with “Chief of Party” in the subject line by March 29, 2019. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/EU-Recruiting-Data-Privacy-Notice-12.2018.pdf.