Chemonics seeks a chief of party for a five-year Bangladesh Agriculture Market Systems project to lead its identification and development of innovative market systems approaches. The project will identify market actors that will catalyze change through interventions to modify behavior in the public, private, formal, and informal markets, driving investment and promoting a more inclusive economy, in turn increasing incomes. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Apply applicable experience and knowledge in private sector engagement, small business enabling environments, and enhancing local economic development through a facilitative and adaptive market systems approach
- Provide high-level strategic vision, overall leadership, and technical management of the project
- Serve as a key liaison with USAID, the government of Bangladesh, project stakeholders, and counterparts in the public and public sectors
- Apply in-depth technical expertise in the program, ensuring an integrated vision among its components and a focus on achieving results
- Ensure quality control and overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the contract
- Develop and implement annual work plans and budgets reflecting the needs and priorities of USAID, relevant local government ministries, and other relevant stakeholders
- Ensure the use of appropriate management tools to plan, organize, and monitor costs and resources to achieve project objectives
- Oversee operations of the project’s in-country office in accordance with Chemonics policies and procedures, including for human resources, procurement, finance and administration, and subcontracting
- Master’s degree in a field such as rural and agricultural development, business and marketing, international trade, economics, social sciences, or international development
- Minimum eight years of chief of party experience leading large and complex technical assistance projects in developing countries; 10 to 15 years of relevant professional experience that showcases increasing managerial responsibility
- Work experience in South Asia
- Experience in market systems, such as adaptive management for improving business processes and enabling small businesses
- Experience overseeing or leading analysis of market systems and determining strategies and interventions to enhance private sector engagement
- Some knowledge of guiding principles behind social behavior change
- Demonstrated ability to work in challenging environments and with multicultural teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to cultivate and maintain internal and external relationships with stakeholders, partners, and staff
- Working knowledge of and experience with multilateral and bilateral regulations and procedures
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent written and spoken English
Please submit an electronic version of your CV and/or cover letter to BangladeshAVC2Recruit@chemonics.com with “Chief of Party” in the subject line by March 22, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/EU-Recruiting-Data-Privacy-Notice-12.2018.pdf.