Chemonics seeks a Central Africa/DRC Technical Lead for the anticipated USAID-funded Enhancing Development through Energy in East and Central Africa program (EDEECA). The purpose of the program, part of the Power Africa initiative, is to program is to increase the availability of and access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and clean energy in East and Central Africa in order to reach measurable economic growth, development outcomes, such as reducing poverty, improving livelihoods and increasing inclusive access to electricity enabled services in such areas as health, education, sanitation and food security
The overall objectives of the activity are to:
- End energy poverty by increasing access to affordable, reliable energy which can support increased economic activity and improved living standards.
- Increase the supply of electricity in East and Central African countries through clean energy solutions.
- Remove constraints to investment in East and Central African energy sectors and to increase innovation.
The Central Africa/DRC Technical Lead will provide technical leadership and guidance across a wide range of program objectives in Central Africa. The Central Africa/DRC Technical Lead shall review and develop technical deliverables from EDEECA’s work in the region, ensuring high quality and technical excellence. The position will support the Chief Of Party and Senior Technical Advisor and provide technical advisory support to all elements of program implementation. They will perform both an internally-facing and externally-facing role in Central Africa. They will guide the EDEECA technical team in identifying and prioritizing country-specific activities and will regularly liaise with the Power Africa coordinator’s office and other USAID missions and office. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
This position is based in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Provide technical leadership in delivery of expected results in the Central Africa region
- Manage, supervise and coordinate technical services, prioritize the activities in the Central Africa region, and provide thought leadership and technical support as needed to accelerate a support activity
- Regularly liaise with the USAID missions in Central Africa, Power Africa Coordinator’s Office, and other USG agencies, as appropriate
- Maintain strong relationships with relevant regional organizations and with private sector companies and host country governments
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum five years experience implementing energy programs. Sub-Saharan Africa work experience is preferred
- Excellent analytical abilities, written and oral communications skills
- Fluency in English and French
- Demonstrated ability to promptly address ad hoc requests
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please apply by sending your resume to this email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be submitted by September 30, 2022. Early applications encouraged. No telephone inquiries, please.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information,age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/